Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Mexican Food Plunge

Going to school in Los Angeles for four years has a lot of benefits. One of them is the ability to have legitimately authentic Mexican food at any hour of the night in any number of places.

El Cholo, La Barca and Chano's are three of the great establishments around USC. Just typing it out makes me want a plate of blue corn chicken enchiladas, a gigantic burrito or nachos plate.

When you think of real Mexican food, you don't necessarily think of Ohio. But after having dinner at one of the places here last night, I'm re-thinking that thought. After work, I went out with a few of the interns for Mexican food. I ordered a pretty big burrito, and let me tell you, it was pretty good. I really enjoyed the meal.

Was it the same as Mexican food in Los Angeles? No, it was definitely different. But it was a lot better than some of the places that claim to have authentic Mexican food. I would definitely go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment